March 25 Update
I want to thank you for the tremendous amount of support and cooperation we have received over the past couple of weeks. While all of us are focused on the ‘social & physical distancing’, please know that the community support that makes up the bigger Emmanuel Home family feels as close as ever.
We are closely engaged with Alberta Health Services on an ongoing basis, keeping up with the dynamic and necessary actions needed to stay ahead of COVID-19. Thankfully, we do not have any signs of the virus at Emmanuel Home.
Please take note of the following updates, to highlight some of the work that is being done:
- Anyone that enters the building (ie. Staff, essential visitors, residents) must fill out and sign a questionnaire that screens each individual based on their own situation. Anyone that cannot satisfy the basic requirements is turned away.
- Everyone is also temperature-checked before entering, to ensure there is no sign of fever.
- Screening is in place 24 hours/day.
- Only contractors that are required for essential maintenance of the building are permitted to enter Emmanuel Home, provided that they pass through the screening procedures and perform essential work that we cannot do ourselves.
- Private housekeeping services can be hired through Emmanuel Home to bridge this uncertain time. Please contact Donna Callahan or Marina Badger, through the main office number (780-478-2051) to make arrangements.
- We are facilitating orders through Marty’s store (our on-site store) if there are basic grocery needs that we can help meet. Please contact Kassy Dunn at Reception (same number – 780-478-2051) for more information.
- Our pandemic planning is in place, and we will be prepared to respond effectively if there are signs of COVID-19 in Emmanuel Home. We will also commit to communicating that to you as promptly as possible, in order to keep you informed.
Once again, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We here to help, and are committed to keeping your family members, our staff, and the entire community as safe as possible in this challenging time.